Faster, cheaper and more powerful, DeFi | Serum brings the speed and convenience of centralized transactions to DeFi, while maintaining complete distrust and transparency
Official Document Introduction
📖 What is a serum?
Serum is a protocol and ecosystem that brings unprecedented speed and low transaction costs to decentralized finance. It is built on top of Solana and is completely license-free. Ecosystem partners can combine it with Serum's on-chain central limit order book to share liquidity and power market-based functionality for institutional and retail users.
More specifically, Serum's on-chain central limit order book and matching engine provides liquidity and price-time-priority matching for traders and portfolio items. Users benefit from this trading model by being able to choose the price, size and direction of their trades. Portfolio projects benefit from Serum's existing architecture, bootstrap liquidity and matching services.
Given the popularity of DeFi and the growth of DEX on ethereum, users and developers are limited by high gas costs and slow transactions. Serum's goal is to address these issues and improve centralization, capital inefficiencies and liquidity fragmentation.
Launched on August 31, 2020, Serum is one of the first major open source projects built on Solana. It is backed by the Serum Foundation and supported by a consortium of cryptocurrency trading and decentralized finance experts, including FTX, Alameda Research, and the Solana Foundation.
⚗️ What the serum provides
- Asset-agnostic order books for matching any Solana-based trading product, including options, futures, debit and credit positions, or any financial and non-financial instrument that can take advantage of Serum's back-end matching engine.
- Serum enables a variety of applications and participants to share middleware in one place. The design of AOB makes Serum's architecture more amenable to modularity. Programs using Serum will have greater flexibility while maintaining some standard design principles and composability.
Developer Ecosystem and Services
- A decentralized on-chain order aggregation service that provides infrastructure for trading applications, giving developers complete control and flexibility.
- The licensing market allows for greater flexibility and compliance.
- Serum DEX is built on top of an asset-agnostic order book, providing the ecosystem with greater pooled liquidity and a shared source of resources to support transaction-based functionality.
Serum Token (SRM)
- SRM is the utility and governance token of the Serum ecosystem
- SRM will be fully integrated into Serum and benefit from the purchase/destruction costs
Solana's speed and cost
- Solana allows sub-second trading and settlement above the ultra-low transaction cost of $0.00001 per trade
🔮 Ultimate Vision
- The ultimate vision behind Serum is to drive Global mass adoption of DeFi One conceptualization of this goal includes reaching 1 billion users and $1 billion in on-chain value. A conceptualization of this goal includes reaching the milestones of 1 billion users and $1 billion in on-chain value.
Solana's first bi-directional cross-chain bridge - Wormhole Solana has partnered with Certus.One to release Wormhole, a bi-directional cross-chain bridge connecting the Ether network to Solana, enabling the connection of SPL tokens to Ether's ETH and ERC-20 tokens. Certus.One is a startup creating verifier architectures for proof-of-stake blockchain networks.
SpookySwap is the Automated Market Maker (AMM) Decentralized Exchange (DEX) for the Fantom Opera network. Unlike other DEXs, we have invested in building a strong foundation with our BOO tokens as governance tokens, diverse farms, built-in bridges, built-in limit orders and user-centric services.